NaNoFlatMo? What Month is it, Anyway?
Good grief! I saw a recent WordPress announcement that November is National Blog Posting Month. NaBloPoMo.
I guess that’s a thing now. In fact, it seems anything is a *thing* and every month is something-or-other-month.
So I’m adding my own.
In honor of the winners (yes, two people tied for first place!) of the Before and After Contest, I’m dubbing November the National Not Flat-Stanley Month. :-/
Do you know what other organizations and movements have adopted November as their ambassador month? Here is a list I came across on the internet (shockingly, they haven’t added NaBloPoMo yet):
- Aviation History Month (AviaHHHHMo)
- Child Safety Protection Month (ChiSaProMo)
- International Drum Month (InDruMo)
- National Adoption Awareness Month (NaAAwsMo)
- National Epilepsy Month (NEpMo)
- National Model Railroad Month (NaMoRaMo)
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
- Native American Heritage Month (NAmHerMo)
- Peanut Butter Lovers Month (PBMo)
- Real Jewelry Month (ReJMo)
- National Sleep Comfort Month (NaSleCoMo)
And my addition:
- National Not Flat-Stanley Month (NaNoFlatMo)
Go ahead, make one up. It’s kind of fun.
In the meantime, please join me in congratulating Mishelle Davis Falsetto and Heidi Jones DiSala, who tied for first place in the Before & After contest. Both used their Sunday afternoon to tackle small projects at home.
Each will join Kurt and I on our upcoming adventure. We’re pretty excited to have guests, and even more happy they can fit in our carry-ons!
After the adventure, if your Flat Stanley/Stella has survived (I put them through the ringer!) I’ll mail it to you for a keepsake.
WE HAVE ROOM FOR ANOTHER FLAT SOMEBODY ON OUR ADVENTURE…
Submit a photograph, poem, or other bit of writing on the theme, WATER. Open to your interpretation.
You have until Sunday night (midnight your time) to enter. Please email your entry to: marla at marlasinkdruzgal dot com
The winner will have a Flat Stanley version of himself/herself made to accompany us on our epic journey at the end of November. Seriously, guys, you want to come along. This is a bucket list trip.