I recently told you about these wonderful works about President Theodore Roosevelt and President James A. Garfield, by Candice Millard. (Click here for original blog post.) Don’t miss your opportunity to win one or both of these books, friends, SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR!!
CONTEST #1 – Win a Hardcover of River of Doubt, Theodore Roosevelt’s Darkest Journey, signed by the author, Candice Millard
SEVEN (7) WAYS TO ENTER (Enter once or enter up to 7 times – how much do you want this cool book?)
1) Comment! Receive one entry by commenting on this post. Not something lame like “Hi” but something real, maybe about this blog, maybe about Pittsburgh Arts & Lectures or about one of my previous posts. One entry per commentor. Multiple comments by the same person only count as one entry.
2) Your comment will count for TWO entries if you use it to discuss any post I’ve written prior to July 31, 2012.
3) One entry if you link to the contest on your blog or website (make sure you tell me about it!)
4) Share today’s Facebook post about this contest.
5) Retweet today’s tweet about this contest. (@travelingmarla)
6) Thank Candice Millard on her Facebook Page for signing a book for the Traveling Marla contest
7) Thank Pittsburgh Arts & Lectures on Facebook for bringing Candice Millard to Pittsburgh. (Feel free to reference this post. I won’t mind 😉 ).
DEADLINE: Thursday, Dec 13th, NOON!
Any questions, please email me: marla at marlasinkdruzgal dot com
CONTEST #2 – Win a Hardcover of best-selling book Destiny of the Republic, A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President, signed by the author, Candice Millard
CONTEST 2 (DESTINY OF THE REPUBLIC) ENTER WITH YOUR DONATIONS ONLY!
Donate to Pittsburgh Arts & Lectures. Every dollar donated gets you one entry to win this book. (If you donate $1, you get 1 entry. If you donate $50, you get 50 entries.) I need proof, so please email me your receipt or a photo of it that I can confirm through PA&L, to marla at marlasinkdruzgal dot com (if you’re worried about privacy, you can either blackmark your receipt or cut out a section. See what I did in my Hurricane Sandy donation as an example). Remember, your donations are tax deductible and it’s the time of year for giving, isn’t it? I can’t say enough how amazing this nonprofit organization is. Look at all the great authors they’ve brought to Pittsburgh!
3 thoughts on “WIN THESE and They WILL Arrive in Time for Christmas!”
This will be my second try for this book, my dad would love to read it.
I picked a random column to comment on, and it had to be the one about Poop transplants. (June 2012 “IT’S A GOOD THING YOU’RE ALREADY MARRIED…”) I was just discussing Poop transplants with someone Friday. No kidding.
(Pittsburgh Arts and Lecture series — I think the Pittsburgh art scene is grossly underrated. This is a fabulous art-thing.)
Comments are closed.